Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer Mango Cocktail

     Nothing says summer than a refreshing tropical drink. This ice cold drink made with mangoes, lime and mint is a big hit with the kids. Add a splash (or more) of vodka and the grown ups will surely enjoy it more. 

      Mangoes always have a special place in my heart and taste buds. Growing up in a tropical country where this fruit is readily available, I have seen and enjoyed mango in many forms --- cakes, candies, pastries, salads, ice cream, smoothies and drinks. 

    One of my all time favorites is a juice made from fresh, golden yellow ripe mangoes. Since the sweet varieties that I love, are a bit of a challenge to find here in New Jersey, I pick my closest alternative for this cocktail which is the Philippine Brand Mango Puree. Not only is this puree readily available in most Asian stores, it is also very affordable. 

     My kids enjoy this drink (without the vodka, of course) for breakfast in place of the usual orange juice. The recipe is also perfect for homemade ice pops. Just remove the mint leaves before freezing. 




Ingredients:

1 cup mango puree
2 cups water
1 tsp. lime juice
4-5 pcs. fresh mint leaves
2 oz vodka (optional)
ice cubes

    Mix all the ingredients in a big pitcher. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.  

      Want more healthy smoothies and drinks recipes? Check out Aloha's healthy recipe collection online. I can't wait to try them all this summer. 

- Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...