Thursday, October 10, 2013

4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Beef BBQ

           Last weekend, I was cleaning the pantry and I can't help but notice some items that had been there for a while.  Admit it, you also have those bottles of sauce that you always meant to use but never did.  Anyway, allow me to give myself a little pat on the back because the products I found are not expired yet.  Yay!!!

          Since I hate wasting food especially now that I mostly buy organic,  I decided to experiment again in the kitchen.  This time I made something very simple.  As in, I only used four ingredients and my BFF, the crockpot. 

           If you have been reading my recipes before, I'm sure by now, you know that I love to layer flavors.  That means marinating, searing and having at least 10 ingredients.  I have to say, I was a bit scared when I made this BBQ.  It's just too easy.  My 4 year old can actually do this.  Oh well, I took the plunge and gave it a go.

           The end result exceeded my expectations. Tremendously! Beef was almost falling apart soft.  It was well seasoned all the way through.  The sauce was thick and had a caramelized flavor without being salty or acidic.  I can't believe it was the same bottled BBQ sauce.  The taste was totally hearty and homemade.

           My kids can't even wait to try it because the house smelled so good when they arrived.  As you can see, I wasn't even able to take a pretty photo.   After learning that we have cooked rice available, they immediately dug in and even asked for more.   Guess what? The leftovers even made it to their lunch boxes today. 
         
           Who knew something so delicious can be this simple? 

- Roz          


 
 
Ingredients:
 
 
3-4 lbs. beef short ribs or chuck, cut into 3 inch cubes
2 cups BBQ sauce (I used our favorite Wegman's Kansas Style)
1 cup chopped white onions
 
 
1. Combine the BBQ sauce and broth in your crock pot.
2. Add the beef and onions.
3. Mix well so that all the meat is all covered with the sauce.
4. Cook on high for 8 hours.
5. Serve it over rice or pasta. You can also serve it with potatoes or on top of a salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...